Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Tomorrow is another day

Got a call today from the manager who interviewed me to let me know that I did not get the job. :( She said a lot of nice things, but the end result is that I got beat out by someone with loads of experience who is willing to take an entry-level position. It was a tough day for me.
A friend of mine at work is going to finish her degree this year and she has approached me about petitioning our company for some cross-training. We spoke to our manager and the HR folks on Monday and they seemed receptive. Hopefully we can get this to work and get the chance to learn, gain experience, and get exposure in the business side of our company.
On a happier note, I found some training plans for running and my daughter has decided to jump on board with me as well. We are going to do the 5K race portion of the Ogden Marathon (hopefully my sister will be joining us - wink, wink, nudge, nudge). I did this race last year; it was my first ever. This year I am going to run the whole thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment