Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Well that’s gonna leave a mark!

Shortly after my last post, I experienced a traumatic change in my life in the form of a break-up. It has taken quite a while for me to come to terms with it. That seems a little ridiculous to me when I look at the fact that we had only date for about 7 months. Ridiculous or not, I had to go through all of my emotions.

Finally, a few weeks ago, I was able to dig out some of the rubble and find my happiness. I knew it was there inside of me, but had let it get buried in the grief. When this dig out happened, it was not only a light inside of my heart, but also a light bulb above my head. I had sort of forgotten that MY happiness comes from INSIDE OF ME – not from any outside source. I’m glad to have remembered this important fact.

So here it is, going on three months since the awful day and I can honestly say that I’m doing pretty well. Before too much longer, I’m going to be doing great!

I just had knee surgery a week ago to enable me to get back to the activities that I want to be doing, and I am doing well physically also. It’ll take a little time for everything to heal up completely, but that’s part of the whole process and I can’t wait to get back out there and be fully engaged in life again.

The reason for this rambling post is the realization that:
As I go through life, I’ll get a few scrapes and bruises along the way, but if I keep myself sheltered from that, I will miss out on many wonderful experiences. So, I now have a few new scars (on my knee and my heart) but, I have enjoyed the good times and learned from the not so good times and, I continue to grow into a stronger, better person because of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment