Saturday, May 17, 2014
Where Have You Been?
Hey there! Long time no type... Rather than try to recap and play catch up, I'm just going to start where I am today and move forward from here. Everything will fill in eventually, at least well enough to get the gist of things.
So... where am I today? Sitting on the couch with ice on my knee recovering from knee surgery (again). Moving forward from here I want to set some goals to help me get some focus and growth. I've been stuck for a while. Stuck in my anger, stuck in my clutter, just stuck.
I'd like to... Strike that, I am going to get myself back on track with a fitness plan that will do good to my body and spirit. This will take baby steps, cause I'm pretty out of shape at the moment. First goal, drink water. I've been sucking down the soda like it's the only choice I have. Starting today, I will drink 3 liters of water every day. I've done it before and I felt good when I did. I'm going to hold off on any exercise goals until after my post-op doctor visit on Monday.
While I've been at home this week I have spent quite a lot of time sewing hexagons. I'm going to make a goal to keep that up. I will spend 2 hours (minimum) every week working on my hexagon quilt.
The clutter (ugh) is overtaking me. This is both mental (emotions that I am allowing to pile up) and physical clutter (paperwork is the worst!). My goal for dealing with this is to spend 5 minutes each morning in meditation and 15 minutes each evening cleaning up. That should help me get going on both types of clutter. Doesn't seem like much time to spend, but it will help and is doable.
One more goal for now. That is to post to this blog at least once per week. Checking in here will help me stay focused on the things I'm working on and give me a place to be accountable for my progress.
That's it for today. I'll check in again soon (by next Saturday if not sooner).
Remember... Beauty and Joy are all around. Take time to notice and appreciate them.
See the Beauty! Feel the Joy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment